Monday, July 27, 2009

coffee for me. cocktail party for slugs.

I'm now back--i do notice that my last post was during may and its now the end of july-- from naples, new york, california, new york, paris and a week with the flu, swine variety.

there is a huge spider on my computer screen, the slugs have invaded my garden and worse than that, at night they hang out in my kitchen (!), our drunken houseguest has just checked into detox, and i've 1. gotten a fabulous assignment to write about a fabulous chef for a fabulous magazine but 2. alas, i've lost him somewhere in japan and as i can't locate him to interview, don't know if i can make deadline.

i think i need a coffee.

what the slugs need however is a cocktail party. bowls of beer submerged near my wonderous patch of arugula, my lustrous leafy green zucchini (with their golden flowers), my trails of orange and yellow flowered nasturtiums, my huge tufts of chives, bushes of thyme and rosemary.

beer, you beasts, enjoy your cocktail party cause i want my garden back!

a side note to dealing with slugs and snails this way: if anyone has a problem with drinking beer, just invite them over to look at the after-effects of the beer on the slugs. aversion guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment